Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mural
















After six months of daydreaming, planning, reading about murals, I finally finished it! I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I based my design heavily on Cathy J. Mayer's Tuscany pattern, which was an oil painting, and then also used instruction and acrylic color choices from Debby Forshey-Choma's Tuscany vineyard bowl, and Kathy Swigon's Tuscan clipboard patterns. This was a major thing for me to scale up a pattern, modify to fit my approximately 20" x 55" surface, and to figure out colors and instructions. I'm very much a follow the pattern and instruction kind of girl.

I'm pretty pleased with the results, and I think it really spruced up the entryway. It's nice to finally enhance that niche and really make it a focal point when you walk in. Tony did a great job cutting the plywood for both the shutters and the mural. No easy task to get that curve! And he had a lot of fun using his nail gun to get everything in place.

No comments: