Monday, March 24, 2008

Yard work

Planting the trees last weekend seemed to be just the beginning of yard work for us. I did more weeding, and had fun planting some flowers in the front bed. I planted verbena, dianthus, zinnia "profusion white", and then in the back of the bed I planted agyranthemum cherry red and "Georgia blue" creeping speedwell. The front of the house faces west, so hopefully these guys will do well with the full afternoon sun.

We also decided to border our plant beds and around the trees with rock. When they build new houses and dig up the ground there are just tons of rock. So we stopped at a couple of places for rock. I saw this big rock and thought it was really cool. It was really heavy, and I figured Tony and I wouldn't be able to get it home. However, my dear husband persisted and with my help we got the monster home. The irony is I used to tease my Mom for wanting to stop and pick up rocks by the side of the road!

No comments: