Sunday, September 12, 2010

Steampunk costume

Alright, I'm officially obsessed with steampunk. I've been hemming and hawing about whether or not to actually sew my own costume. I bought a pattern for a skirt, but was daunted by the prospect. So found a silver skirt on Etsy, and ordered it. Then decided I would make my own shirt.

Someone remind me why I decided to do this! It feels like I spent 20 million hours making this top, but it wasn't really all that long maybe 6-7 hours. There was a slight debacle with the sleeve that required ripping out what I'd done, and then some issues with some birdnesting. Grr. Anyway--I am now the proud owner of a costume (sorry for the crappy pix, someday I might take a decent pix :-P). Just need to doll up my little top hat I'm ready to go!




No comments: