Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tunic top

Sigh. This isn't wearable. The sleeves are ridiculously huge, and really I'm swimming in the whole thing. The neck gaps weirdly, and the bias tape shows. I really struggle with understanding how the measurements translate to fitting me. Yeah, I've lost some weight, but not that much that this would be this big. I had planned on embroidering this to embellish it, but not now. I'm kind of bummed, but it was good practice.

Update: D'oh! So I really should have taken my measurements before sewing this together. I cut this out about 6-8 weeks ago. I've lost 3.5" in my bust since then! I didn't think I'd lost that much in my bust area!!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Heh... That's a "Damn" and a *happy dance* all at the same time!!!

sparkleplenty said...

No kidding!! It'll be cool to see if I can figure out how to make this fit though.