Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Stitching Club

About 4 weeks ago I signed up for Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club. I don't know why. I took an embroidery class two years ago and haven't really done much with it since. I am not really a fan of hand sewing, and I dislike cutting things out. This project has all of that. I wrangled a friend into doing with me, and that made a huge difference. We got all the hexagons cut out together and it was easy peasy with a rotary cutter.

The project has been a pleasant surprise. Each week I get a new embroidery pattern and it only takes an hour or so to do it. It's good practice, and they are so cute. I have actually enjoyed sewing the hexagons together. I think it's because things are small and it's easy to work on it for a short amount of time. I'm about a third of the way done with the project. I'm pretty happy that I challenged myself to take this on!

No comments: