Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gran in Texas--reflection

One of the thinks I like about Ros' style is that she freehands a lot of things in. In decorative painting you often work from a pattern and a set of instructions. With Ros, she'll give you color options, and you are not always working with a pattern. It's a nice stepping stone for me. I'm trying to branch out more as an artist (ooh, I still cringe to type that word, but I am working on being able to say or type it without cringing!). It's nice to have a pattern to fall back on for a building or structure, but it's also good to know I can paint trees or flowers with out a pattern.

I learned so much this week, and feel like my self confidence continues to grow. One of the things I like after taking a good painting class is how it opens your eyes and you see things differently. On the drive home, I kept looking at the trees and shrubs and thinking about what colors were in them, and the shapes they made, and how I would paint them. It's fun.

Ros is also just a lot of fun. She encouraged us to be loose, bold women in class. She was referring to our painting, but it's good advice always to not be shy of color or paint and keep things loose (or at least some things! ha!).

We were awarded a certificate today into the L.O.O.S.E. Women Society, which stands for Ladies of Originality, Style and Elegance. The best part though is where it says that it is "an annual event to develop and maintain skills in giggling, tapping, flicking, shoveling and the general slinging of paint with gleeful abandonment."

No comments: