Monday, April 14, 2014

Condo Woes


Ever since moving into my condo, I've had a mental list of projects. The bathroom was on the list, but  low on the list. At least until February 7th, when I learned the downstairs neighbor had a water spot on their ceiling. Unfortunately there was a lot of back and forth. They rent, so their property manager contacted the HOA, who contacted me. I contacted the property manager for more information, and he put me in touch with the neighbors. I wasn't convinced it was my fault, so I told the property manager if when he went in to look at it/fix it, to let me know if it pointed to me. I didn't hear anything back until March 20th. The HOA sent me another email with a picture telling me that it was my responsibility to resolve it. If this were a comic book, the HOA would be my arch-nemesis. Anyway, I took a deep breath and scheduled my plumber to come take a look. After much back and forth between the property manager, neighbors and me, I schedule the plumber to come on March 24th. No one was there that day. Turns out they had all kinds of job stuff going on, and I slipped their mind. I'm angry, but get things rescheduled for April 2nd. 

This works, and unfortunately water is leaking between cracks in my tile around the faucet.  So the bathroom moves up on the list. I'm only taking care of the shower/tub. Lucky me, I am also replacing my 16 year old hot water heater, and my electrical box, so that limited me from redoing the entire bathroom.

The demo started today. It took less than an hour and a half to demo it. Amazing. Good bye weird bone colored tile, and grungy caulking.

No comments: