Monday, June 30, 2014

16-30 book a day

I realized I never published the last bit of the 30 books a day. One of the things that struck me about this is how often I repeat some of the same titles. :-)

16th Can’t believe more people haven’t read --Charlie Bone series! I think it's better than Harry Potter
17th Future classic -- hmmm... not sure I have one for this
18th Bought on a recommendation -- hmmm tough since I don't buy books usually
19th Still can’t stop talking about it -- Robopocolypse. It wasn't the best written book, but I'm convinced the robots will take over the world! 
20th Favourite cover-- Beautiful Ruins
21st Summer read-- Harry Dresden or Stephanie Plum series
22nd Out of print-- Foxes of Harrow
23rd Made to read at school-- Great Expectations...I still can't bring myself to read Dickens!
24th Hooked me in to reading-- Probably Little House on the Prairie. Emily of the New Moon made me want to be a writer.
25th Never finished it --The Brothers Karamazov
26th Should have sold more copies--Graffiti Moon
27th Want to be one of the characters--That's so hard to choose! Probably almost any book I'm reading!
28th Bought at my fave independent bookshop--I don't usually buy books.
29th The one I have reread most often--It's tough...I go in cycles with rereading...Gone with the Wind, Foxes of Harrow, Dubliners, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Tolkien are all ones I reread. It's gotten to where most of the books I own are ones I reread.
30th Would save if my house burned down My Winnie-the-Pooh books from when I was a kid.

No comments: