Saturday, June 2, 2018

Me Made May Musings

I enjoyed challenging myself to wear my me mades. I had more than I thought, and some are staple pieces in my wardrobe. I think I wore either my black or blue linen pants every week. My Ebony raglan tees were in heavy rotation too.

I have realized the fabric is really important. I need more knit tops, and more from linen or softer cotton. I use quilting cotton as a wearable muslin, and in some cases it works out just fine. I think I just need to suck it up and spend more on fabric and give myself permission to let it go if the fit isn't the way I want.

I really like skirts and dresses, and it's probably the bulk of my me mades. Unfortunately my office is so cold I don't like wearing them as much. I finally bought some no show socks so hopefully that will help with wearing mary janes or "dressier" tennis shoes. I might try making some capri length leggings to see if that helps. It's frustrating, but an important factor to keep in mind as I make clothes.

I for sure did not have enough lounge/casual clothes. By Friday I just wanted to wear jeans and a t-shirt and on the weekends I'm in shorts or lounge pants and a t-shirt. I think too if I had more me mades in fabrics that feel cozy that I would wear them more on weekends.

I did make a pair of owl pj pants. I got stalled making a tank top to go with it as it didn't fit.

Lastly, I had a goal to wear all my me mades at least once. Below is what I didn't wear. Last weekend I pulled my modified Dress no 1 out of the proverbial corner and thought wow, why haven't I worn this. I sewed the pockets on and washed it, and then ran out of time during the week to wear. I will wear it soon. I'm going to hem the sleeves up a bit too. I pulled my Washi dress literally out of the back of the closet and wondered why I never wore it. I struggled a lot making it with the elastic shirring. I ripped out the shirring so it's a little looser fit, but I think it's fine. I'll wear and see what I think.

My green pencil skirt with brown polka dots doesn't fit. It gets wear so when I am back to that size I know I'll wear it again. My cabbage rose a line skirt just didn't get in the rotation because I didn't have my blue t shirt that I usually wear out of under bed storage and honestly a bit afraid it won't fit right now either. Ugh. I love it still and will wear again. Pants no 1 are also snug, so not something I wanted to wear. And lastly my beloved knit shark skirt doesn't fit either.






No comments: