Monday, April 2, 2018

Wren Dress

I had a bit of a sewing weekend! I had cut out the Wren dress by Colette the previous weekend. I'd bought the knit fabric at Joanns ages ago. Based on how the Moneta dress fit, I knew I wanted to add length to the bodice, so I added about an inch. I made the XL size, also basing it on how the Moneta fit.

It was an interesting pattern to make with the wrap style bodice. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. As with Moneta, I gathered the skirt and attached it to the bodice instead of using clear elastic.

I really like the dress. However it is definitely a bit snug through the bust, and I think when I make it again I'll probably do some sort of full bust adjustment. I pleased with how the skirt fit, and think it fits well through the high bust. I just need more fabric to accommodate the girls. :-)


No comments: