Sunday, August 2, 2020

Summer Camp 2020


I needed to take a week off and as much as I wanted to take a couple of days at the beach, I knew that I'd feel too anxious. I decided to plan a summer camp for myself. I had a plenty of crafty things to keep me busy. I set an initial schedule for myself, but modified it each day as I went. I had a few migraines but managed to take meds and a nap and then still do some fun things. I worked in small chunks of time and gave myself permission to change things up as I needed to.

Monday
I was supposed to get a new washer dryer delivered, but there was a snafu. While I was waiting for the delivery I knocked out a bunch of mending and hemmed the Nullabor Cami I sewed up a while back.















I worked on my knitted sweater, and made cinnamon rolls and plum cobbler.

Tuesday
I got things sorted for my washer dryer to be delivered on Saturday and did a quick qi gong routine. I pulled out a diamond dots kit of a sparkly unicorn I bought ages ago and put it together. I really enjoyed it. I took a nap and read for a long while. Later in the day I worked on making a Criswood Envelope Dress. I did a little organizing in my craft room, and got some yummy take out.















Wednesday
I started off with some knitting, and then napped and read. I finished up my Envelope Dress. It's a teal linen blend from Joann's that's been in my stash for a bit. I'm super pleased with it. I also pulled out a weaving kit from Mollie Makes magazine. I worked on it a bit Thursday and decided I wasn't enjoying it so I stopped.





























Thursday
I spent mostly sewing in small chunks. I cut out a pair of shorts from the Made by Rae Rose pattern and got them started. I had a few errands that day, and then wrapped it up with some takeout and a margarita.

Friday
I did a bit more organizing in my craft space, and worked on my shorts. I also pulled out my natural dye kit from The Paper Craft Pantry. I had fun using the kit. I also had a one on one lesson with XO Stitches, Niku, to learn some basics to piece fabric with my embroidery to make a table runner. I got a good start on that and am awaiting on some more fabric to finish. I made more progress on my shorts.



























That is the official end of summer camp! I finished my shorts on Saturday and also finished knitting my sweater. I need to weave in ends and block my sweater. I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad I got to see your projects! I love the teal dress and all your other things. Seems like you had a very fun and productive Summer Camp

❤️❤️Mom