Sunday, March 25, 2012

Balcony gardening

I have spring fever!! Of course one could argue that it's really summer fever since I'm not entirely sure 80 degrees counts as spring. I've been growing herbs on my balcony along with some flowers for a few years. I usually manage to kill my herbs over the winter. I managed to keep the hibsicus alive and hope it will perk up some more with the warm weather.

So today I got my herbs replanted, as well as some new flowers that didn't winter either. So happy to have some color out there.

I'm also going to experiment with some veggies. So I planted one sweet pepper plant in with my herbs today, and am debating about trying carrots too. If I don't try carrots, then I'll definitely do some lettuce as soon as I can find some plants to buy. I can't be bothered to start from seeds, and I don't get enough light in my apartment for that anyway. Anyway--I've played in the dirt and I feel better for it. :-D




No comments: