Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dress--Class 5


We packed a lot in tonight. I learned about easing for my cap sleeve. I opted to only do one in class so I'd have time for other things. I got to add in pockets to my dress even though they weren't in the pattern. I'm super happy about that. And most importantly I did an invisible zipper with no tears, cursing or starting all over!! I learned so much. I hope I remember it all.
I'm so glad I have tomorrow off so I can finish up my dress. I did try it on tonight. It's a bit big in the bodice, but it's super cute, and I love the full circle skirt. I think I'll probably make it again for practice and to get one that fits better. And I see a couple more classes in my future to ensure better fit!

1 comment:

cate said...

I am so impressed. I need to learn to sew...