Sunday, January 28, 2018

Self Sewn Wardrobe Series - Pants No 1

Next up in the series are Pants No 1. I followed the sizing for my waist and hip on these. I made them with a lovely linen cotton blend - Essex Yarn Dyed in Black. That is some yummy fabric and there are some more pants in my future using it.

I figured there were would be plenty of ease with these pants since the pattern sizing for XL is 42" waist and 52" hips. I wish I would have measured the pattern. I am disappointed in the fit. There's very little ease. They fit, but weren't what I was expected.

I modified with inseam pockets and used a drawstring instead of elastic. Next time I will do a 70" drawstring instead of 60" and probably make the casing a 1/2" bigger.


My measurements:
Waist 42"
Hips 48"

Finished pants:
Hips: 51"


No comments: