Thursday, February 1, 2018

Self Sewn Wardrobe Series - Dress No 2

Dress No 2 is the third project in the series. I wound up making 3 muslins as I was concerned again about the fit in my bust. I started again with my high bust measurement, but could barely get it on. The next size up fit a little better but was snug and definitely didn't give me enough room in the arms. The next size is better. I'm still a bit worried about extra fabric, but am probably going to just go with it.

Here are the finished bust measurements from my muslin. Remember I'm a bit inconsistent with seam allowances so mileage my vary.
L - 47.5"
XL - 48.5"
2XL - 49.5"

I bought some wearable muslin fabric (aka quilting cotton on sale at Joanns). I'm actually pretty pleased with the fit. I'm reserving judgement until I finish the neckline.


No comments: