Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kitchen Demo Day 22

It sucks not having a kitchen sink, and going to the dining room for the fridge, and either the craft room or bedroom to make something. I'm hopefully on the home stretch though. Cabinets should be ready next week, and I've been enjoying my new lighting in the meantime.

I had a little panic over the weekend when I got the Venetian Oak stain sample for my cabinets and it was not what I remembered. Turned out they didn't double check it against the sample and so they sent a new one. Whew, it was what I was expecting. So now I can finally pick out my backsplash.

The granite in the photo is not Peacock Green, but it's similar. The Peacock Green is basically the same color but it has more of a gold/tan vein through it which picks up nicely on gold in the floor and the warm tone in the cabinets. It's going to look so pretty!!

I had a tile installer come out today and it sounds like I will still get my California Gold slate, assuming the estimate is in my price range!

No comments: